VG Home Buyers Team Site
Stage 2a - Step 1
Step 1 has two goals , we will pull the Valuation Workbook for the property that we are going to review and we will confirm that this is a property we want to spend time on.
Tools Used During This Task
Click here to view the page on how we use Dropbox in our processes
We will be using the main folder Stage 2a Workbooks
Click here to view the page on how we use the Valuation Workbook in our processes
Click here to view the page on how we use Zillow.com in our processes
Grab the next Valuations Workbook
- In the spreadsheet > Possible Comps tab150
- Select 'View the Subject on Bing' from the Action Wizard
- Click to Run Action
- View the Subject Property
- Scroll up and down the street several houses in both directions
- Look at the neighboring houses
- Try to take some mental notes of what the exterior of the house looks like and the quality of the neighborhood in general
- Determine what sub-community the Subject is located in (Red, Blue, or Yellow Highlighter circle)
- In the Bing window > Click the 'Streetside' view (generally a picture on the right side of the screen)
Is Hotsheet Lead a Good One?
- Go back to the spreadsheet click on 'Lead Interview Sheet'
- Review the sections about the physical house
- Special Features
- Repairs needed
- Unit Notes
- From looking at the images on Bing.com, can you see anything else that makes this home better or worse than the surrounding homes?
- If the notes in the Lead Interview Sheet mention the exterior, can you confirm that the external condition is like the notes say?
Copy to the Oneliner
- Select 'View Comps on the MLS' from the Action Wizard
- Click 'Map Options' > 'Map'
- Select the Comps which are in the same or similar sub-communities as our subject
Finalize and Recap
- Reviewed the Neighborhood
- Reviewed the Subject
- Narrowed the Pool of Potential Comps
- Choose the Renovated comps from the Narrowed Pool
- Added the Renovated comps to the Oneliner sheet